Best meat slicer
If you’re looking for the best meat slicer, you are in the right place because we will help you choose it!
Buying a meat slicer can be tricky because, with so many models on the market, it’s hard to tell which one works and which one doesn’t. We took care of the hard part by selecting some of the best and analyzed each and every one of them to make sure they can do a good job. After doing so, we put together a buying guide based on customer recommendations and ratings.
Check the buying guide below so you can choose the best meat slicer.
Best Meat Slicer overview
How To Choose The Best Meat Slicer For You?
The best meat slicer for you is not necessarily the best one for others. It is really important to analyze different slicers so you can make an informed decision. Whenever you want to buy a meat slicer machine, you have to consider the following factors:
As expected, most meat slicers are affordable because they are designed for the home user. Many models are under $100 but you can find advanced models that go up to $400. When you buy a professional grade meat slicer, you can expect to pay thousands of dollars but this is too much for the regular home cook.
When a machine costs more, it is usually because it has a powerful motor that can make the machine work faster. It can also stay in top condition for a longer period of time and is larger so more foods can be cut. A slicer for meat that costs more can also include extra features or better materials.
If you aim to use the appliance for foods that need the use of a heavy-duty unit or you plan frequent uses, the best meat slicer should cost more. However, for most home users, the simple low-end models are the best as they can satisfy all needs.
Speed And Power
A higher watt motor offers more efficient and faster slicing. Also, it influences the duration of the process. There are many slicers that become overheated fast and need to cool down before you can start to use them again. When the slicer is needed just for a few sandwiches, the watt motor is nothing to worry about. If you want to do a lot of food slicing, you need a high-power unit. This is also the case when you intend to cut a lot of frozen meat and hard cheese.
Most people use the term meat slicer but the appliance is, in fact, a food slicer. This is important to remember because the “meat slicer” term might make you think that the appliance is only for making meat slices. This is incorrect; you can use the machine for meat cheese and even vegetables.
Any good meat slicer allows you to cut several different foods. This includes bread, cheese, and meats or even potato chips, onions, and sausages.
Think about what you plan to do with the slicer before you buy a unit. You can easily choose a slicer that has the right thickness settings and a carriage that is large enough to accommodate your work.
You do not want to buy the slicer to use it for just 2 months. Thus, it is best to choose high-end models because they are usually made out of durable materials. You can use them for years without worrying about them breaking down.
However, keep in mind that a high price tag does not guarantee the meat slicer will last longer. Always analyze materials before you settle on a model. A good electric food slicer typically has a cast aluminum body and a stainless steel blade.
There are different sizes available for food slicers. Big doesn’t necessarily mean better. When choosing an electric food slicer, check:
- available counter space – measure countertop space to be sure the slicer will fit on your kitchen countertop;
- weight – the weight of the machine can affect mobility as it is hard to keep moving a heavy slicer;
- carriage and blade sizes – this relates to the functionality of the electric food slicer. You have to choose a model with blades that are able to slice the type of meat, cheese, and veggies you want to slice with it.
Ease Of Use
You buy the best meat slicer because you want to easily slice foods. Generally speaking, all food slicers are better than a knife and a cutting board, however, some designs help to further enhance ease of use.
The powerful motor of some models let you do a lot of slicing without a break. This is a huge advantage for those who intend to use the slicer a lot. Some models have built-in blade sharpeners that can make your blades work like new in just a matter of minutes. There are also models that come with serving trays. And the list can go on and on. Make sure you check the meat slicer reviews below to see which model has the features you’re looking for.
Every single slicer requires clean-up time. In fact, it is vital to clean the slicer properly after every use. Never skip cleaning or you might be affected by serious foodborne illnesses. But there are some that require more work than you are willing to put in. If the slicer does not have removable parts, you will find it difficult to properly clean some spots in corners and tricky crevices. Thankfully, most meat slicers can be taken apart for easy cleaning. In some cases, you can even use the dishwasher machine to clean the removable parts.
The meat slicer blades are sharp and move at fast speeds, even if the motor has a low wattage power. Due to this, it is important to check the safety features.
Meat slicers with no removable part or heavy ones are more dangerous than those that allow you to remove the blades before cleaning. Moreover, some meat slicers include non-slip rubber feet that keep the slicer in place while using it.
You can also look for extra safety features like protective blade guards or safety locks. The more safety features included, the more protection you have. However, it’s still important to be very careful while operating the slicer since no model can offer full protection against injuries.
Last but not least, a factor you want to think about is the noise the meat slicer makes. Many models can be really loud. If this is a concern for you, look for meat slicers that are quiet. They do cost more money but the noise level difference is often worth it for the buyer.
5 Meat Slicer Benefits
Before diving into the meat slicer reviews, let’s see what are the benefits of using the slicer in the first place.
You can produce slices of your favorite foods faster with a slicer than with a knife or without having to go to a commercial deli for your favorite cuts.
Unless you are an experienced chef, it is close to impossible to cut perfect slices of cheese and meat every time. The slicer guarantees that every single slice has the exact same thickness.
Easy To Use
It is a lot easier to automate the meat slicing process with the use of a slicer than to do this by hand.
Very Thin Slices
Cutting foods with the slicer results in cuts that are much thinner than when you use a knife. That’s why you can use the appliance for foods that need to be really thin like potato chips or onions, not just cheese and meat.
Pre-sliced foods that are bought from the commercial deli or from the grocery store cost much more than slicing your own meats at home.
Best Meat Slicer Reviews
The best meat slicers guarantee that you always add perfectly sliced meat, cheese, and veggies to your recipes. This appliance makes it so easy to slice food at home and the whole process is so much faster than the traditional method.
Every single cook that wants perfection appreciates what the meat slicer can offer. Simply put, the meat slicer simplifies cooking and makes it more convenient.
Chef’s Choice 609A000 Electric Meat Slicer
The Chef’s Choice 609A000 Electric Meat Slicer instantly stands out because of the quality construction and attention to detail that made Chef’s Choice a very popular brand in the industry. This slicer is available for a budget-friendly price and is great for home use or outdoor adventures if you want to slice your own game or you want to make homemade beef jerky. The unit can easily slice meat, cheese, loaves of bread, and vegetables.
The construction of the 609A000 is rugged and the tilted food carriage is great for fast and efficient slicing. It is also fully-retractable and large so you can slice very large hams, roasts, and other foods.
The stainless steel and cast aluminum blade has an added high-torque, cool-running motor for precise operations. The blade is 7-inch and offers slices ranging from deli-thin to ¾-inch. The cantilever design is user-friendly and particularly good for those who never used a meat slicer before.
- Stainless steel and cast aluminum slicer
- Stainless steel blade of 7 inches to offer numerous slice thicknesses
- Several parts can be removed to safely clean them
- Safe to use
- Can slice really thin
- Feels safe when operating
- Sturdy and solid
- The machine is heavy for some so a complete wash can take 15 minutes and you have to be careful with the sharp blades
Chef’s Choice 615A000 Tilted meat Slicer
The Chef’s Choice 615A000 has a sleek construction that includes a tilted food carriage. This offers efficient and fast slicing. The carriage fully retracts to allow you to slice larger foods and the food pusher is made out of metal with a non-slip, easy-grip design.
The actual cutting is done by a 7-inch blade made out of stainless steel. A precision thickness control allows you to choose slice thickness, ranging between deli-thin and ¾-inch slices. Food is secured while holding to limit accidents and, to add an extra layer of protection, the machine has a continuous and intermittent on-off switch.
This meat slicer has a cantilever design. It is engineered to give you sliced food right on the platter. The actual slicer is powered by a high torque motor that includes gear drive. In the carriage, you can hold a maximum of 7 inches of food as you slice.
- All structural components are made out of stainless steel and cast aluminum.
- Removable blade, food pusher, food carriage, thickness guide plate and food deflector for easy cleaning.
- 7-inch stainless steel blade capable of slicing up to ¾-inch thickness.
- Power – 120 W.
- Dimensions: 15-1/2 X 10-3/8 X 11 inches.
- One-year limited warranty.
- Blade access is limited when the meat slicer is not used with a special button that secures the carriage.
- Multi-purpose 7-inch blade
- Large food carriage
- Cantilever design
- Numerous plastic parts included so you have to handle the slicer with care
- A gap is present between the unit’s base and its motor compartment. Food can get stuck there, making the area difficult to thoroughly clean.
Elite Platinum EMT-503B Ultimate Precision Electric Deli Food Meat Slicer
The Elite Platinum EMT-503B Ultimate Precision Electric Deli Food Meat Slicer is designed to help people save time, money, and effort.
A big advantage of using this meat slicer is that it is precise. The actual slicer is reliable and gives you the possibility to enjoy hard cheeses, cold cuts, vegetables, bread, and fruit. Simply adjust the thickness setting and you are ready to use the appliance. It is possible to choose between slices that are really thin or go up and choose a half an inch slice.
The slicer uses a 7.5-inch stainless steel blade that is retractable, removable, and rustproof. The blade can be used to cut literally anything you want including chorizo, pepperoni, turkey breast, gouda, firm vegetables, bread and, of course, meat. Once you are done, you can clean the meat slicer with ease thanks to the removable blade.
- Ultra-Sharp Stainless Steel Blade of 7.5 inches that is rustproof and removable for easy cleaning.
- Adjustable Thickness ranging from razor-thin to half an inch slices.
- Dimensions: 9.2 x 13.8 x 10.8 inches and a weight of 10.1 lbs
- Large slicing platform featuring nonslip rubber for increased safety and stability.
- Very easy to clean because the blade can be removed.
- High versatility – the meat slicer can be used to cut virtually anything from vegetables to bread.
- Large, sharp blade
- Easy to clean
- The body of the machine is made out of plastic
- You have to get used to blade adjustment settings
- Meat shavings can appear because of low RPM cutting and the serrated blade
NESCO FS-250 Stainless Steel Food Slicer
The NESCO FS-250 stands out as a highly affordable meat slicer with an elegant design and a surprising power for the price tag. You can use it to slice meat, bread, cheese, fruit, and vegetables. There is a precision depth control you can use and the gear motor is 180 W. With the use of the variable thickness control knob, you can choose the thickness of the slice, ranging from paper-thin to 9/16 inches. The serrated blade included has a diameter of 8.7 inches and is hardened with stainless steel.
With this food slicer, you can avoid accidentally turning on the appliance thanks to the recessed power switch. Also, the machine comes equipped with non-slip feet for extra safety. The slicing guard easily secures food when you slice it and, with proper use, slice thickness should be consistent. When it is time to clean the appliance, you can remove the carriage.
- Stainless steel sliding carriage.
- Dimensions: 14.5 x 8.6 x 11 inches and a weight of 13.1 pounds.
- Adjustable thickness control knob to control slice thickness.
- The detachable, large stainless steel-hardened serrated blade of 8.7 inches to be able to handle various food shapes and sizes.
- Food press made out of die-cast aluminum.
- Dual safety feature.
- Included User Guide.
- Serrated slicing blade is hardened with stainless steel and detachable
- Very affordable
- Good safety features
- The metal used in construction is thin
- Cutting happens at low RPM
Cuisinart FS-75 Kitchen Pro Food Slicer
The Cuisinart FS-75 Kitchen Pro Food Slicer was specifically designed for people who want to have perfect slices of meat, cheeses, and bread right at every meal straight from their kitchen countertop. The goal is to offer a near-commercial deli experience and this is exactly what happens with this meat slicer. Although it is not a commercial grade unit, for a very low price, you get a strong appliance that will slice a lot better than any knife and will do so in a consistent way.
Cleaning the machine is a breeze since many parts can be washed in the dishwasher.
This slicer is oftentimes recommended because it is highly affordable. Also, when you use it, you can expect normal level noises, which is rare among home meat slicers that tend to be way too noisy.
- Stainless steel blade – 7.5-inch and removable.
- A slice control knob allows you to adjust slices from 1/32 inches to half an inch for firm cheese, roast, bread and much more.
- The housing is made out of die-cast aluminum and premium coated steel.
- Non-slip feet are added for very stable operation.
- The stainless steel carriage, food guide, and blade can be removed for really easy cleaning.
- Heavy-duty 130W motor.
- Very dependable – you know what you get after you use it once
- Removable parts for easy cleaning
- Non-slip feet
- 38 inches cord length
- Weak backing at the point the cutting blade slides
- Can run it for only 10 minutes at a time
- Low RPM blade so it is hard to slice foods like frozen meat
Della 8.7’’ 180W Electric Meat Slicer
The Della 180W Electric Meat Slicer is available with 3 blade sizes. The common option is the 8.7-inch blade but you can also opt for a blade of 7.5 or 10 inches. If you buy the 10-inch blade, you also get a sharpener that can be very useful. All blades are made of stainless steel in order to have a high resistance to corrosion and rust. Also, the edge does remain sharp for a longer period of time due to the material.
When you use the meat slicer, you can adjust the thickness through the use of a numerical scale knob. The thickness options available vary between really thin and 0.37 inches. The overall quality of the appliance is high and it makes home use very convenient. You save money and can use it for a long time due to its good durability.
- Stainless steel blade designed to easily resist corrosion and have a sharp slicing-edge
- Compact design – you can fit the appliance at home or even inside an RV
- Precise thickness adjustment with a numeric scale knob
- Very easy to use
- Affordable price
- Designed for home use and limited spaces
- Many thickness adjustment options
- Slicer designed to handle numerous foods
- Slow speed slicer
- A little hard to clean due to design
- When you apply pressure to hold the meat in place, you might affect the size of the slice