This article was updated on
T-fal FR8000 3.5 liter EZ Clean Immersion Deep fryer review
If you have ever tried to deep fry anything without a deep fryer, then you will know that it is messy you are not always going to succeed. Your oil can be too cold leaving your food very oily and nearly edible. Too hot and the food burns, ruining the oil and even smoking the house out.
There are also hazards associated with heating up large amounts of oils to frying temperatures. I have a child around the house and I am sure that you will agree that this situation is not ideal.
Well, the good news is that if you feel in the mood for something deep fried then we may have an option that will suit your needs. If you are a family and have a decent sized kitchen then the T-fal FR8000 3.5 liter EZ Clean Immersion Deep fryer may just be the answer to your deep frying woes.
T-fal FR8000 3.5 liter EZ Clean Immersion Deep fryer
Value for money
How Practical is this
- Can deep fry 2.65 pounds of food at a time
- Filtrations system means better oil usage & less smells
- Easy to use and easy to clean
- Might be a bit too big for smaller kitchens
- Big capaicity means it more for families with kids etc
- Might be on the pricy side if you are on a budget
This is a great option for those who have space in their kitchens. There is a decent amount of functionality and some nice practical touches such as a window in the lid so that you can see what is happening.
This cooks just over 2.5 pounds of food at a time so is geared towards families.
The EZ clean system means that you can reuse the cooking oil saving you money in the long run.
T-fal FR8000 EZ Clean Deep fryer in more detail
- Powerful 1700-watt deep fryer with 3.5-liter oil capacity and 2.65-pound food capacity
- Lid has a viewing window for convenience
- Product Dimensions – 18.3 x 13.7 x 14.8 inches
- Deep frying at the right temperature with adjustable thermostat for perfect frying results
- Easy to use with 2-position basket for cooking and draining food
- Immersion Element quickly brings the oil temp back up making for a better and healthier fried food
- Patented EZ Clean oil-filtration system that will help you save on oils
- Comes with an odor filter for a better smelling kitchen
- Robust stainless steel housing
- Handles that don’t get hot
- 5-liter oil capacity( check out our recommended oils here) that can be removed when needed to.
- Some of the parts are dishwasher safe
Is this product right for you?
This is the right product for you if:
- You have a decent sized kitchen
- Fry a decent amount of food
- If you are cooking for a family (4-6 people)
What can you cook in the T-fal FR8000?
If you are new to the wonders of a deep fryer, dont worry there is plenty of recipes out there that you can use
here are a few things that you can start off:
- Potatoes (french fries)
- Sweet potatoes
- Chicken wings
- Chicken pieces
Anything you can put batter on really.
If you are still not sure – check out this Deep fryer recipe book on Amazon
Ideas on how to use your deep fryer
Things to think about
Make sure that the food that you are about to add to the deep fryer is dry, hot oil and water = potential burns for you
Make sure that you are using the right oils for your deep fryer
Be safety aware – the temperatures involved means that if you come into contact with the oil – you will lose.
Read the manual and make sure you are aware of all of the safety features of your deep fryer.
About the author
Understanding the science behind cooking helps me to figure out which tools are best suited for a particular job.
I like to help people better understand exactly what it is that they need when it comes to buying for the kitchen.
Making the right choice is easier when you know what it is you need to get.